Friday, September 2, 2011

Gearing Up for the Holidays

"The holidays?  Woman, are you mad?  It's barely September!"

I know, I know, but I like for my soap to cure at least 6 weeks, so I have to start making my holiday-themed batches now in order to have them ready for prime shopping season.  They'll make their debut at an art, craft, and antique sale hosted by Wesley United Methodist Church on October 22 (see side bar for details).  Last night I made a batch of We Three Kings, scented with frankincense and myrrh, colored with gold mica. I can't wait to see how the "ore deposits" turned out.  It should be ready to cut into bars by tomorrow.

Last week, a friend asked if I'd do sampler packs, and I thought that was a terrific idea.  I just added them to the shop -- choose any 12 quarter-sized bars for the same price as 3 full-sized bars, and mix and match to your heart's content.  It's the perfect option for those of us with short attention spans!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about you making soap again you have NO idea. The thought of using a commercial soap makes my skin run screaming. I look really funny when that happens.

    ReplyDelete